The Salon de l’hôtellerie, whose first edition took place on January 12, 2016 at Estrimont Suites & Spa, was the first regional event of its kind dedicated to the hotel industry.
The first edition brought together more than 100 participants, including hotel executives and owners hailing for the most part from the Eastern Townships.
In addition, more than 30 hotel industry suppliers gathered to offer services or new products to their customers.
In the afternoon, participants had a choice of six conferences that focused on building on their knowledge of standards and new market opportunities and conveying information about industry-specific products.
All six of the event’s conferences were of high quality and specifically targeted to the hotel industry.
- Throughout the day, hoteliers saw Cédric Dujour present the APPYourself platform, a tool geared to creating websites and applications in just a few clicks.
- Next, hoteliers attended a conference given by Rafik Berzi, the president of Mingus Software, on the best ways to manage an establishment using PMS.
- Desjardins then introduced the new Monetico and Hotello interface that makes integrated payment possible, a very important feature for hoteliers.
- Marie Côté, the president of Softbooker Technologies, presented a web-based performance analysis. The afternoon was capped off by a conference given by the consultant Marc Bertrand, who spoke about revenue management.
- Afterward, a cocktail was held under the auspices of the Salon des fournisseurs, which afforded hoteliers and exhibitors a chance to interact in a more relaxed atmosphere.
To end the day, Xavier Gret, the organizer of the event and general manager of the AHQ, gave a presentation on the new illegal accommodation bill (An Act mainly to improve the regulation of tourist accommodation and to define a new system of governance as regards international promotion) and the role of hoteliers in the new tourism alliance.
More than 100 people had the good fortune to get a chance to attend this value-added, day-long event. Invitations were sent to all the hotel owners and executives in the Eastern Townships and the surrounding areas. The region’s hoteliers were very enthusiastic about participating in an event that offered useful tips, new ways of working and new products.
Several people came away from the event with their heads teaming with ideas and strategies to implement in their daily operations!
Mingus Software and all the organizers are very satisfied with the outcome of this day dedicated to the hotel industry, as it was a very rewarding first edition for all the participants and suppliers.The organizers want to make sure hoteliers all across Quebec benefit from this winning synergy and the best industry tools available.
We would be pleased to email you an invitation to our future events to be held near you. We hope to see many of you there!